I'm on the outside, looking inside, what do I see? I've been here and I've been there and I've been in between.
A place to let my mind wander, a place to let my mind focus. All friends welcome.
Monday, May 18, 2009
A note to my mahre--there are a few phrases in my comments that need translating if one of you could be so kind. Thanks all. Write when you can, k?
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
let's see, Kim's done it on that last post of yours. I'll add some more.
1)) "Nydd iawynn jhurr Malene Blaine, Ryiee'r od dan voor leyn slasrght" - (Cee,Nadine & Ciara) = Your journey's begun Malene Blaine For you're now the (white) light's friend.
2)) "Kyrien'n dar'r tu hyull ghar'r Wyien sar'r te buille nos" - (mine) = May that once dim light now shines brighter Now that you are free forever.
That's the closest mahr, the translation. Perhaps it's best all done in English next time mahre(??) I took for granted you understood Lynn. Apologies.
I understand some manfahi Sybil, and the more I see it, the more I'll learn, so I don't mind at all, not having it in English I mean. I always ask for translations if I can't figure it out, sort of standard operating procedure with mie mahre. :) I want to learn it. Heaven knows my pronunciation probably is not the greatest since I have yet to hear it!! I'm not even sure if I am pronouncing "mahr" correctly. Keep meaning to ask . . . But--Thank you many times!!
3 comments:
let's see, Kim's done it on that last post of yours. I'll add some more.
1)) "Nydd iawynn jhurr Malene Blaine,
Ryiee'r od dan voor leyn slasrght" - (Cee,Nadine & Ciara)
= Your journey's begun Malene Blaine
For you're now the (white) light's friend.
2)) "Kyrien'n dar'r tu hyull ghar'r
Wyien sar'r te buille nos" - (mine)
= May that once dim light now shines brighter
Now that you are free forever.
That's the closest mahr, the translation. Perhaps it's best all done in English next time mahre(??) I took for granted you understood Lynn. Apologies.
I think the word "brighter" should have been "brightest", my mistake. Well, you get the picture I think.
I understand some manfahi Sybil, and the more I see it, the more I'll learn, so I don't mind at all, not having it in English I mean. I always ask for translations if I can't figure it out, sort of standard operating procedure with mie mahre. :) I want to learn it. Heaven knows my pronunciation probably is not the greatest since I have yet to hear it!! I'm not even sure if I am pronouncing "mahr" correctly. Keep meaning to ask . . .
But--Thank you many times!!
Post a Comment